Thursday 29 September 2016

Woman kidnaps friend’s daughter for N30,000

Plans by 44-year-old Enioyam Belief, a Nigerian based in Ghana to kidnap her nine-year-old niece has been foiled by police. Arrested alongside the prime suspect, a mother of three, was her accomplice identified as Agatha Aigbomian, 42. 

The suspects, it was gathered, abducted a nine-year-old primary school pupil, who was on her way to school last Tuesday, in Ikotun area of Lagos.

The suspects were paraded alongside 23 other suspects that have been terrorising the state, yesterday, by the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Police Command, Mr. Fatai Owoseni.

When approached, the prime suspect, Belief, blamed her action on the devil, adding that it was also borne out of her need to raise N30,000. 

She said: “I don’t know what got into me. I am learning how to make beads at Ikotun and I live with the child’s mum. I refer to the child’s mother as my sister because we are from the same community in Ghana and also live together in Ikotun. But we are not blood sisters. 

“The mother did not offend me. I kidnapped her daughter because I wanted N30,000 for some personal needs. But I could not do it on my own so I invited my friend, Agatha, who sells fried potatoes at Ikotun.”

SOURCE: VANGUARD

No comments:

Post a Comment